Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Sleeping Beauty

 As I get older, the more important sleep becomes to me. I think I owe it all to E. I used to stay up late, get up early and plow through the day. But once he came along he woke me up several times a week for YEARS. In fact, it hasn't been until the last year or so that he's stopped waking me up all the time for one reason or another. During those years, I became continually tired and sleep became even more important to me. 

Now I get grumpy when I get woken up, whether it's the boys, severe weather, Rob, the dogs, or my alarm. I despise being woken up! It starts my whole day off wrong. On the rare occasion that he wakes me up, P likes to tease me about it the next morning. Usually I don't remember the conversation but he ALWAYS tells me I was grumpy. I hate being that way, but I hate being woken up even more. This Summer I have been woken up every night/morning, so even though I'm not waking up to an alarm I still don't feel rested. One of the perks of Summer is getting lots of sleep, right?? One of my friends used to tell me, "We can catch up on sleep when we're dead." I guess I'll hold on to that because I don't know the next time I'll wake up feeling rested. Oh, the good life......

No comments: