Saturday, November 22, 2014

Professional Grand Opener

I think I was one of the most excited people to hear that a new shopping center was opening in our neighborhood. And that was before all the grand openings! 7 stores have opened so far and I've been to 4 of the grand openings (1 store didn't have one. 1 store's was on Sunday during church and 1 is a store I don't shop at). After going to 4 grand openings I've realized that I could be a professional grand opener. No one likes sales and free things more than me! It's been worth waking up early or having Rob watch the boys or taking P with me to each grand opening. At one store I got a RIDICULOUS discount on my purchases (Almost $300 for less than $50!!). At one store, P was asked to be the official ribbon cutter for the grand opening and he got a fish/tank/everything it requires for his efforts. Yesterday there was a glitch in the opening time for Academy (the sports store) so I missed the gift card give away but I did win a free camo/hunting jacket for P, which he was thrilled with. Today was the only disappointing grand opening. I woke up (naturally) at 5:15 so I decided to go to Old Navy's grand opening, which guaranteed the first 300 customers a gift card scratch off. When I got there at 6:45 I was one of the first 10 people in line. I thought the store opened at 8am so I figured I could wait in line for an hour to be guaranteed a gift card. Well, the store opened later than that so I barely made it to my photo session on time. I stopped back by Old Navy after my session to use my discount only to find out that they were still giving out cards AND the lines were so ridiculously slow that it wasn't worth it to me. I did get a free cute bag and I gave my discount card to someone else so it wasn't all that bad. But, like I said, I did learn that I could be a professional grand opener. I love talking to the people in line, watching the sun rise as the day gets started, knowing that I'll be getting some sort of "reward" for my early morning efforts. I'd write more but I need to go to bed in hopes of hitting up another grand opening before church in the morning...

No comments: