Monday, November 17, 2014

Tornadoes!

Storms don't scare me. I love lightning and thunder. I also don't usually fear the unknown. But last night I was a little freaked out by both. We had a crazy, insane storm last night. Rob got called out for work so P was going to sleep in my bed with me because he was scared. (Storms don't usually scare him either but last night it did.) I was sick yesterday and had just taken a healthy dose of Nyquil, ready to sleep off my sick bug, when an alert came across my phone, saying there was a tornado warning for our area and to take cover immediately. Usually I blow off tornado warnings because, like I said, I don't fear the unknown. But, since I had never received an alert like that before, I took it seriously. I got Easton out of bed and the boys and I crammed into the bathtub. P was a nervous wreck and insisted on holding my hand the whole time. We prayed quietly as to not to disturb Easton. At one point I was pretty freaked out because of a flashlight shining in our hallway, not because of the storm. At about the same time I thought P was going to come out of his skin with fright when the roof rattled pretty good. It seemed like we were in the bathtub forever but it was mere moments. Thankfully, Easton slept through the whole thing and P and I were able to go to sleep quickly after it was over. This morning P was obsessed with the tornado warning and kept talking about tornadoes. On the way to his school we saw where one of the tornadoes caused some damage- downed power lines, trees fallen, patio furniture thrown about and roofs torn up. But thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could've been. God protected us and that's all that mattered. Today the wind was blowing but the storm was well behind us. Just a memory of another unknown.

No comments: