Thursday, April 14, 2016

9 Years Ago

Yesterday marked 9 years ago that Rob and I met. I'll tell my version of how it all went down. We had met through an online dating site and talked for a few weeks before deciding to meet in person. Rob lived in NV and I lived in CA at the time so, for our first date, I stayed with a friend that lived close by Rob. We had decided to have dinner so I didn't think anything about having a late lunch with my friend, thinking we would meet for dinner later in the evening, which is fairly typical. Well, if you've met Rob you know that he's anything but typical (HA!). He called about a half hour after I had finished lunch and asked if we could meet for an early dinner. We decided to meet at Chili's and when I pulled up and first saw him I thought, "Whoa, he's way out of my league!". When we got seated I told him I wasn't hungry. He probably thought I was one of "those girls" who didn't eat but he couldn't be more wrong. When his steak arrived, I don't know what was more entertaining- watching how fast he INHALED it or the fact that he whipped out a photo album of himself for me to look at while he ate. Our date lasted all of 45 minutes and he bailed pretty fast, stating he needed to leave to register his truck and get ready for an upcoming dirtbike race. I left, thinking, "Well, I'll never hear from him again."
Needless to say, the rest is history. Yesterday we had fun reminiscing about the reasons we fell in love with each other and the things we've been through together, as a couple. It hasn't always been easy and it hasn't always been a barrel of laughs but recently we found out something about each other. We are fighters. Not in the way you may be thinking. We are determined to fight FOR each other, for our family, for our marriage vows. It's not necessarily an easy process but it is eye opening and has helped us rekindle our love for each other. I am looking forward to many more "9 years" together!

No comments: