Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Vacation of 4

Other than high school events-graduation and sports teams- I haven't been pulling my camera out too much lately (The first four months had been a whirlwind with my business so it was nice to have a little time to recoup.) so I thought I'd take it along to take some "fun" pictures of our mini vacation. Rob was doing a training class in TX and suggested we join him. The boys had fun spending hours in the pool, playing at a local playground and spending their "good grade money" from my parents. I enjoyed eating authentic Mexican food and hanging out with my 3 boys.
I took a few pictures but the one I wish I would've been able to get was of me, both boys and P's beloved "Wolfie" (a life sized stuffed animal) crammed into a king sized bed. When Rob told me that the hotel was sold out of rooms with two queen size beds I figured that a king bed was plenty big enough for me and two small boys. Wrong! The first night P was on one side, I was on the other and E was in the middle, horizontal to the headboard. I kept imaging how we looked from a bird's eye view, like a giant "H". Last night I thought I'd switch things up and put P in the middle because he's kind of outgrown the sleeping sideways phase. But then I had Wolfie to contend with. After E woke up around 11pm, mad at the world because P's pillow was touching his (Gotta love the 3yr old phase of life!!), I had a hard time going to sleep. Every time I rolled over to get comfortable I came face to face with a giant stuffed wolf. It was a little unnerving. A little before 5am Rob got up to use the restroom so I jumped at the opportunity to grab the rollaway bed he'd been sleeping on. I didn't realize that he was coming right back to bed. When he saw me sound asleep, my gracious husband got dressed for work and went to sit in the lobby for 45 minutes before leaving.
Needless to say, the boys and I came back home today. Two nights without sleep seems to be my limit. Now that I'm in the comfort of my own bed sans little ones I find the whole hotel sleeping arrangements comical. It'll be a memory I'll look back on fondly when the boys are older....or maybe just after I get a good night's sleep!








No comments: