Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy Birthday, Mom!

"She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
 Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
Prov. 31-26-29

60+ years ago (the exact number does not need to be identified) yesterday my mom was brought into this world. And every day I thank God that He created her. She is an example of Prov. 31. She is wise with her instruction and watches over her "household" even though my brother and I are grown and have our own families. I know I can call her day or night and she'll give me her undivided attention. She is also my prayer warrior. If something comes up that I need prayer for, she is the first person I call to ask for prayer. She is giving, thoughtful and generous beyond measure! She gives endless hours of her time and resources just to put a smile on someone's face. She is a woman of integrity and does not compromise her beliefs, even if she stands alone. She has been persecuted lately and still holds firm to what she believes it right. Everyone who knows her are blessed to know her, to have her in our lives. Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you so much and hope to be half the wife/mom you are!!





1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks so much for your kind words but I am the one that is blessed beyond words to be called you and Josh's mom and to have a faithful and loving husband who is truly a man of God. Mom