Saturday, June 25, 2016

Birthday Fun

A few years ago we started letting P decide what he wants to do to celebrate his birthday in leiu of a big birthday present (Don't worry. He does get a small gift.). This year he really wanted to be at my parents' for his actual birthday but he wanted to celebrate beforehand with his best friend. He wanted his friend to spend the night and then spend the day at the aquarium. So the birthday fun started Thursday evening with ice cream for dinner followed by a little fishing/boat ride/gator "hunting". It was fun to watch the boys because they loved going fast in the boat and seeing the gators up close. The boat time must've worn them out, though, because they went to the sleep a lot earlier than I expected. Yesterday we awoke, got donuts for breakfast (I promise that I feed my boys healthy meals more than I do junk food.) and then headed to the aquarium. P's best friend had never been to the aquarium before so, just like the night before, it was fun to watch the boys. P took pride in showing his friend around the aquarium and then they bought friendship shark tooth necklaces to remember the trip by. If that wasn't enough, P really wanted Chick Fil A for lunch so we ended the birthday fun there. I'm always a big fan of birthday celebrations lasting longer than a day so I'm glad P gets to have that same fun and know how loved he is!

















No comments: