Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Last Day

I woke up sad.
I woke up sad because it's the last day of school.
I woke up sad because Rob is in TX for the day.
I woke up sad because my parents aren't here.

I doubt I'll ever consider LA home but I don't regret moving here. Moving here opened my eyes to a lot of things. I feel like our boys are getting a better education here and are definitely getting more spiritually fed. The only thing I wish was different is that my parents lived closer. I miss them every day but it's days like today that it breaks my heart to have them 2500 miles away. They are the "poster child" of awesome grandparents. They go above and beyond to let our boys know that they are loved. They send packages weekly with little goodies to let them know they are thinking of them. They text, call and email several times a week to let the boys know they are loved.
And it's times like this that I have no doubt that they'd practically live with us just so they didn't miss out on important events.
Both boys have school events today and E has another one Thursday. He also has t-ball games starting up. I know my parents would be here with bells on, cheering on the boys, encouraging them, showering them with love. Despite the miles that separate us, our boys have a special bond with my parents. But it still breaks my heart that I'll be the only one in the audience for both of our boys today. They will not having a cheering squad because my parents can't be here. So I will cheer loudly. I will encourage them with everything I've got. I will shower the boys with more love than they know is possible. And soon my parents will be here to love on them as only grandparents can.

No comments: