Sunday, July 22, 2018

Blasting Off at Summer's End

Reality has set in. 10 days from now I will have to wake up to alarm clock. I will have to dress in something other than yoga pants and a ball cap. I will have to wear close-toed shoes instead of sandals (yuck!!).
I am always thankful that I get to spend Summers with our boys, doing fun things and making memories. This Summer hasn't been as busy as last Summer but it's been a nice mix between relaxing and fun. It's been oh so good to wake up at will, drink a HOT cup of coffee and play I Spy, Go Fish with E every morning. We have also done the fun Summer things- the water park, sleepovers, birthday parties, a football team pool party, BBQs, snowballs, VBS, family pool time, fro-yo, the movies and trips.
Our latest, and last, trip of Summer was to Texas. The boys and I crashed Rob's work trip and stayed with him a couple days. We also drove into Houston to visit the Space Center. If you have never been and are in the Houston area, I HIGHLY recommend it! We had so much fun, spending the day learning about astronauts, the ISS (That's the cool lingo for "International Space Station"), how things work in Space and aerodynamics. After leaving there we stopped at a lakefront park so the boys could get even more energy out. It's funny to me, though, that even when we do new things or pack a vacation with fun stuff, the boys' favorite thing is still the hotel pool. We were there every day and the boys loved it!
I am bummed that Summer is quickly coming to an end! It feels like our Summer break just began. But, like I said, I am glad that we made fun memories. I am glad that we have the means to travel and show the boys new places. I am glad that we get to enjoy Summer breaks!







No comments: