Friday, November 1, 2019

Day 1 of a Month of Thanksgiving

Last year I skipped doing a month of gratitude. At the end of the month, I was sad to see that I didn't document all the things I'm thankful for on a daily basis. Because, in reality, we have so much more than 30 things to be thankful for. As always, life gets busy and I may forget to post every day. But, I will sit down and catch up when I can. So just bare with me on days I don't get a chance to blog my thankfulness.
Today I am thankful for Rob's job. This week his job has been a blessing and a curse so to speak. A week ago tonight we had a tropical storm make landfall in Southeast LA. It did damage similar in nature to a hurricane. Normally this wouldn't affect Rob too much. But, he just got promoted to a new job 3 days prior to the storm hitting. We took him out to dinner for his birthday Friday night and then he and I watched our shows that we taped. By Saturday morning his phone was blowing up with texts and calls and he was out the door. Since he left Saturday morning, I have seen him for *maybe* a total of 30 minutes. He was supposedly going back to his normal work schedule Wednesday but that didn't happen.
It'd be easy to focus on the fact that he hasn't been home, other than to sleep, this week. But, instead, I focus on the leader that he is for the crews. He's out helping them-making sure they aren't too tired, making sure they are safe. He wants to be home with us. He wanted to go trick or treating with us. He's wanted to be eating a homecooked dinner with us. But, instead, he's leading by example. And in return I'm sure he's earning mad respect from his guys.
On top of helping the guys, he's earning extra money. With a costly truck repair and Christmas coming up, the extra money will come in very handy. It will help ease the financial stress that keeps me awake this time of year. In fact, his job has always provided for us and allowed me to be a stay-at-home mom or a part time worker for several years. Something I'll be forever grateful for!
While his job occasionally keeps him away from home, I am so incredibly thankful for a company that acknowledges and rewards his hard work. He has climbed the management ladder because of his dedication, knowledge and people skills. I am proud of his accomplishments and thankful for his job today and every day.

No comments: