Wednesday, June 3, 2020

A Funk

Do you ever get in a funk? Or am I the only one? I've been in one off and on this week. Monday I got some news at a doctor appt that I wasn't expecting. Not bad news, but just something I've never dealt with. And then the doctor had to leave to deliver a baby so I didn't get to discuss this unexpected news or ask questions. Monday night I used a coffee bath scrub that I had just received. I don't know if it was that or so much running through my mind but I tossed and turned all night. Yesterday I woke up tired. But as the day went on my mood started getting better. We bought a big tent and are planning on going camping soon. We haven't tent camped as a family so, other than the heat, I'm super excited about it. I also had a friend come over with her kids to swim yesterday with the boys. So I was in a good mood and slept really well last night.
Then today I woke up in another funk. These riots and looting have me unsettled. It breaks my heart that people are destroying things and hurting others just to make a statement. I'm all for speaking up and for the peaceful protests that are taking place. But, the selfish destruction has me down in the dumps. Then my dr appt still bothered me most of the morning. I finally decided to do something about it and change doctors, for a chance to be heard. And the icing on the cake to add to my funk is that we had to cancel our annual Summer vacation to visit my parents. Every year the boys and I go stay with them for 3 weeks and cram as much fun as possible into our time together. But, this year, that's not going to happen. My dad found out that he has to wear the walking boot for 2 more months (!!!) and I am not comfortable flying yet, with the Coronavirus still very active. It was a hard conversation to have with the boys but we all decided that it's for the best.
Another part of my funk is not being able to do Bible study with my co-workers the past couple weeks. I really miss digging into the Word together and doing life together.
All of this is messing with my emotions...and my sleep. I am going to start a paper chain countdown. Not the kind where you count down to Christmas morning, but the kind where I can count down until 2021. I am praying that is a better year than 2020 has been! Next Jumanji level?? A possible hurricane! Stay tuned for more fun......

No comments: