Monday, December 22, 2014

Tis the Season

I don't know what I dread more about trips out west.....the plane ride with E or the sickness that follows every time we visit. The first leg of the flight was a long one and was, of course, packed. There was a high school wrestling team in front of us that E became fascinated with.....until one of the boys accused E of spitting on the back of his head. I personally think the boy was being drama but I also know what my 2 year old is capable of. The 2nd flight was a lot shorter and went better....except for the poor older lady sitting next to us who couldn't find "lager" on her Word Search puzzle (It took all my self control not to point it out to her after 40mins of her looking for the word!). Both boys started coughing so the lady discretely pulled her scarf over her mouth. She must've tuned out the coughing because, after awhile, the scarf slipped off her mouth.....until E ripped a loud, smelly fart and proceeded to yell, "Mom! I poop!". Needless to say, the scarf stayed around her mouth the rest of the flight.
The boys and I landed Thursday night and P wasted no time in getting sick. By the time he went to bed it was obvious he had croup. I was okay with that....until yesterday afternoon when E woke up from his nap with a high fever.....and I "woke up" (which is technically hard to do when you never really go to sleep in the first place) sick this morning. I'm praying that we get this behind us quick so we can enjoy the rest of our time out here. Our lives were so busy before we left that I looked forward to a relaxing 3 weeks with friends and family but this is even more relaxing than I planned.
I doubt I'll be writing again anytime soon so I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: