Thursday, September 5, 2013

8 mos!


Yes, I'm slacking on keeping our family blog up to date but for good reason. A week ago the boys and I flew back to our old stomping grounds to visit my parents and friends. The night before we flew out, Easton had me up all night. The flight here ended up being the 2nd worst one I've experienced (The absolute worst was my flight to Israel). Easton wouldn't sleep. He screamed off and on for most of the first leg (causing passengers to glare at me). He projectile vomited on the flight attendant. Then P had the worst nose bleed he's had while I was changing Easton's blow out diaper. Utter chaos!! I was absolutely exhausted by the time my feet stepped onto West Coast soil. The next day we took off for Reno to visit friends. After Easton had 3 sleepless nights in a row, I decided to have him checked out. Our old pediatrician, and family friend, came to the rescue! He told me that Easton had an ear infection in both ears and sent me to the pharmacy for antibiotics.
I think his ears are getting better but he has now acquired a cough and runny nose. Thankfully he's sleeping at night and taking long naps during the day to help aide in making him feel better. BUT, now P is sick. He has a horrible, croupy cough and is hardly sleeping. It's times like these that I'm thankful for my strong immune system. I haven't had a lot of sleep over the past week but I'm going strong, able to help my lil guys as needed.
Despite being sick, we've really been enjoying our time here! We did our annual RibFest with our Reno friends, finally got to see the inside of Bowers mansion, had a play date with one of P's Reno friends, rode the Scheels Ferris wheel (This was a big deal because P was always scared of it and then decided to overcome his fear.).We've shopped, played at the park, taken walks and I've been able to read, meet up with friends and relax a little. In the midst of all the illness and fun times, our lil guy celebrated 8 mos on this Earth! He is growing like a weed and I can already tell that I'm in for a world of hurt when he gets more mobile (which will be VERY soon!). He brightens our lives so much with his smiles, his laughter, his silly faces and so much more. I can't imagine my life without our two lil guys!!
 
This picture illustrates him at this age perfectly but since it's blurry I added a clearer picture as well.



No comments: