Monday, September 9, 2013

Not As Easy

Rob and I were talking last night about me being homesick. I told him that I thought coming for a visit would make me even more homesick than I already am. But I'm learning it's Facebook that makes me miss so much. I thought once we got past P's birthday and the 4th of July that all the fun my West Coast friends were having would come to an end and that would be that. But every month it seems something is posted on FB that makes me miss home all over again. August wasn't so bad because the only thing I really missed was not being able to go on our annual elk hunt in beautiful Ely. That's always been a fun time away for us despite never harvesting an elk. This month I've really missed Reno because September has always been my favorite month there. From the Rib Cook Off to the Hot Air Balloon Races to the Camel Races, there's something fun to do every weekend. Next month I'll miss the trunk or treats at various churches, Halloween with the Archery family and a week long celebration of my birthday. December I'll miss the DU Christmas parade, driving around to see the lights, Christmas parties, etc.
I guess what I miss most is not being able to wear more than one hat. I'm MOM 24/7. It's the most important job I've ever been blessed with but it gets rough sometimes only being 'Mom'. I'm not friend (to more than 2 people) or co-worker or teacher. With all the hours Rob works I'm not even photographer or really a wife at this moment in time. Rob and I haven't been able to go on a date or get away for a night like we like to (Getting away for a night has to do with Easton more than Rob's work schedule). If I can't be home (Reno) making memories and wearing many different hats then it's time for me to do it in the South. I'm hoping that sooner rather than later I'm the one of FB, posting pictures of fun times with new friends, posting new activities to take over the ones I miss so much. Hopefully it's just a matter of time.....

No comments: