Saturday, September 28, 2013

Getting Out

Oye! Has it been over a week since my last blog? Although I think about it a lot, I don't blog because of inconvenience. Our computer's battery doesn't last so the only way to do anything at the computer is at the table. That works fine in theory but when you have a crawling baby that's more into trying to walk, getting a chance to do things where you can't see him makes tasks impossible. But enough about that.
After 3 1/2 months here I feel like we're starting to get into a groove. I'm branching out and trying various Mommy groups/Bible Studies. I went to one last week and knew immediately that I wouldn't be going back. There wasn't a thing wrong with the ladies but I knew I just didn't click with the group. This week I went to a Bible study that I enjoyed, despite not being able to talk to anyone very much (My GPS took me on a wild goose chase and we were super late getting there). The speaker was way more charismatic than I'm used to but overall I liked the message and the group of ladies were nice. P had fun playing with kids his own age so I'm excited about going back twice a month. Another group we tried took place the next day. It was not what I'm used to for a play date. We played Limbo with the largest spider/spider web I've ever seen and we had a ribbon snake slither across our path. I was in fear the entire time but tried not to let P see it. That being said, we both liked the people. He was the oldest kid there as most kids his age are already in preschool. But he had fun and I enjoyed the women I talked to. It was nice for both of us to interact with people our own age. This week has been the best week that we've been here because of the outings and because I was able to fill up a lot of October on the calendar. I have a feeling that October will be a hard month for me so I'm thankful that we have a lot of fun play dates/outings planned. It's nice that we're getting out and meeting people finally. This coming week I'm looking forward to a Womens' Night at the church and a quick trip to Texas. I'll try to blog about that or whatever else strikes my fancy here in the near future. Until then.....

No comments: