Thursday, March 27, 2014

Working Moms

There is a rarely a day that goes by that the thought, "How do women who work full time outside of the home do it all?" Once in awhile we have a down day where we can just lounge around but that seems to be rare. My "To Do" list grows just about everyday. Yesterday and today I had to pay the price of 4 hrs of my time as a punishment for a computer problem I caused. I also spent a lot of time on the phone, trying to rectify problems with bills. To compensate being distracted from the boys and housework I tried to make it up to P by taking him fishing 3 times today (despite knowing we wouldn't catch anything due to the weather.) By doing that I didn't get much housework done...again. It seems some days I can stay focused and get a lot done while still paying ample attention to the boys. Some days I get distracted with either the boys or my To Do list, causing one or the other to get put on the back burner. I can't imagine working outside of the home full time and trying to juggle it all. I know some moms don't have a choice and have to work to make ends meet. Some choose to work for various reasons. Some working moms have outside help who help with the housekeeping or kids. I've been blessed by not having to worry about the working dilemma for the past 5 years. At most I've worked part time, which has still made it easy to get things done and do fun things with the boys. I can't imagine having to work all week and then use my free time on the weekends to do laundry and clean instead of spending time with my family. I guess that's where spousal teamwork comes into play. But, regardless, my hat's off to working moms of all kinds. You are my hero....especially if you've figured out how to juggle it ALL!

No comments: