Sunday, March 30, 2014

Family Portraits

For some it's a smell. For others it's s song. For me it's a picture. I look at a picture and am taken back in time to that moment and all the memories it entails. I love pictures and how they capture special moments. I love looking back at pictures, laughing at the way I looked or smiling at the memory it created. I believe family portraits are important for many reasons. They allow kids to go back to yesteryear and see what they looked like when they have no recollection of that time period. They allow loved ones to remember the way family members look long after they've passed. They capture what life was like during a certain time in your family history. That's why I like to get family portraits done every year, even if it's a year that I'm self conscious about the few extra pounds I'm carrying (Like this year.)
A couple years ago I talked with a friend who loves to take pictures of fun family times. The problem we were discussing, however, is that we're the ones usually behind the camera so our children don't see us involved. I don't want my boys to forget that I was at all the fun events as well so I'm thankful for the times I'm in front of the camera instead of behind it.
Yesterday we had a family member, who happened to be a retired photographer, take our family portraits at the beautiful LSU campus. It was great because not only was it a beautiful day, but we also got to spend time with some wonderful family and I got a chance to learn of new places for future photo sessions. The only downfall? The boys weren't really into the photo session. All P wanted to do was climb trees and Easton doesn't like the camera in general (so much like his Daddy!). So there were a lot of outtakes but here are some of my favorites....





No comments: