Saturday, May 23, 2015

Graduation Day

Yesterday I was bawling as I said goodbye to P, knowing that his first day of Kindergarten would be hard for him and us. Wait. No, yesterday I was bawling because I was saying goodbye to his first year of school. He had his Kinder graduation and between you and me I've never agreed with them. I don't think "graduating" Kindergarten should be made into a big deal. Until yesterday. I was the proud mama with my camera phone, my professional camera and my video alternating to capture every precious moment of the songs they sang and getting his Kindergarten certificate. I was a hot mess~ with the tears and cameras.
But I was also proud. Proud that he has become quite the reader. Proud that he has learned basic addition and subtraction. Proud that he's made friends and learned socialization skills. My heart was bursting~ with pride and sadness. It seems like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant. Just yesterday that I became a mom for the first time. Just yesterday that I held him while he looked up at me and said "Mama" for the first time. Just yesterday that I left him at daycare. Just yesterday that he started his first day of Kindergarten. It's been a great year. I could not have asked for a better teacher, principal or school for his first year of education. He has grown so much in all areas of life because of the people who influenced him every day at school. And now onto the next chapter......1st grade! MAKE TIME STOP...or at least slow down cause this mama can't handle anymore "yesterdays".




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lesson learned...Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til
tomorrow but children grown up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep, cause I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep. Enjoy the moments; they are precious. He's a wonderful little boy and one to be proud of. Love, Mom