Wednesday, May 6, 2015

It's Been Too Long My Friend.....

OK, OK, I've been told by more than one person that it's been too long since the last time I've blogged. But, honestly, this is the first time I've sat down at the computer since my last blog to do anything other than photography or bill related activity. To say we've been busy is an understatement. In fact, I went to the doctor last week for a whole grocery list of things but the main one is that I'm so tired all the time. Turns out everything is fine. I'm just an old mom who puts more on her "To Do" list than can humanly be accomplished in one day.
Since it's been a (long) while since I've blogged, this one will be more of a "catch up" one. But where to start? Rob has been crazy, insanely busy with work and fishing tournaments, putting me in "single mom mode". Overall it's been fine as I've gotten used to it over the years but the boys and I do have our moments. The tables have turned, so to speak, with the boys. P is the one challenging me while E is the one making me laugh. We went through this last year with P around this time so I'm praying that it'll be a quick phase and all will settle down with him soon. E, on the other hand, has really become Personality Plus lately. He has started talking to people in passing and loves being a ham. If it makes someone laugh he'll repeat it, hoping for another laugh. He's also become our basketball pro. I'm not kidding when I tell you that he finds his zone and shoots hoops for 10-15 minutes in a row, rarely missing a shot. It's fun to watch him grow into a little man, but I also miss my baby.
Praise the Lord I finished my teaching contract for the year a couple weeks ago. It was not hard work at all and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But the last group I had was challenging as was the school. Plus it was taking away from my photography business, which is keeping me on my toes. Every time I think I'll have some downtime to work on the business side of things (website design, anyone???) I get contacted about scheduling a session....and I LOVE it!! This business has helped me meet some fun people and challenge my creativity. I thank God daily for giving me the courage to do something I've dreamed of doing since childhood! I know how blessed I am and I don't take it for granted. Ever.
So, most of you know, but last week we had the mother of all storms. I should've known it was bad when Rob called and said I should pull P out of school for the day because he NEVER freaks out about storms. But I missed my time frame in getting him so E and I played b-ball in the hall while under a tornado watch/warning (whatever the one is where your phone starts blowing up, "See shelter immediately!"). E asked for a snack and I figured it'd be safe to go out to the kitchen to get him one. When I looked outside it looked like it was 10pm instead of 10am. I have never in my life seen it so dark during the day, didn't even know it was possible. Other than our trampoline flying over the back fence we had minimal damage done. All of our neighbors really impressed me because they knew Rob would be working insane hours (25hrs the day of the storm). So all of them called or texted to ask if we were ok and wondered how they could help. 2 of them came over and helped me get the trampoline back in the backyard. It made me happy to know that people care.
Speaking of caring, it's been hard for me to make close friends here for some reason. Our youth pastor's wife and I have become close since she became E's daycare provider last Fall. So I am heartbroken, knowing that I have to say goodbye to her this weekend. For reasons that don't need to be made public on this blog, they felt it was time for them to pastor a church elsewhere. She and I have done so much together the past few months that I don't know what I'll do without her 10 minutes away. I love that she and I can be real with each other, not having to act a certain way, accepting each other the way true friends should. I am excited about visiting them in TN because I've always wanted to go there and this provides the opportunity to see them and a beautiful state, but selfishly I'd rather visit the state, knowing she and her wonderful family were close by us instead.
P is ending his first year in school later this month. It's been such a fun year (for the most part) and I've loved helping in his class. But I'm also excited about getting to spend the Summer with both boys. We have lots of fun stuff planned and I can't wait to get it started...a weekend getaway to Pensacola, VBS, basketball camp, swim lessons and a much needed, SUPER LONG trip to Cali. So forgive me if you don't see a blog up here as regularly as you'd like. Between being a wife, a mom and a photographer life has me pretty busy these days.....and I wouldn't have it any other way! So until next time....take care.

No comments: