Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Sleep Differences

Although my boys are extremely close, they couldn't be more different. I've mentioned some of their differences before, but last night I became aware of even more. E has become high maintenance when it comes to naps and bedtime. Whereas he used to fall asleep within a few minutes, it now can take him up to an hour to fall asleep...and he wants me with him until it happens. So, while I laid on his bed last night, praying for him to fall asleep faster than usual, I noted how the boys even sleep differently. When E is put to bed he likes his lower back rubbed nice and slow. P wants his back scratched as hard as I can (which isn't hard since I bite my nails. He always asks me to do it harder). When E is falling asleep, 9 times out of 10 he'll roll onto his stomach, put his right arm up on his pillow and face the wall before heading into his dream sleep. P almost always falls asleep on his back, on top of the covers. P, however, dresses like it's snowing outside and complains he's cold at bedtime. But E sweats to death and likes to be bundled up in blankets. Once they're asleep, P can sleep through anything. I can, and have, vacuumed in his room while he's napped and he hasn't even moved. E, on the other hand, complained that he couldn't sleep because the analog clock on the wall "beeped". So I had to take the batteries out of it just so he'd go to sleep. It cracks me up how different two kids from the same parents can be but like I've said many times, I also appreciate their differences. Even if they are different as night and day. Get it???!! :)

No comments: