Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Grandparents' Day

Although I didn't blog about Grandparents' Day a couple days ago, I promise you that the boys' grandparents were not overlooked. I know people say it's just another Hallmark holiday but I am so thankful for a day to acknowledge my parents and in-laws as awesome grandparents.
They say it takes a village to raise kids and I'm thankful for the village the good Lord has blessed us with. There's not a day that goes by where the boys don't know how loved they are. Each grandparent has their own special way of letting the boys know how much they mean to them.
When the boys go to their grandparents' houses they know fun times are in store....trips to the donut shop, bike rides, swim time, playing at the local parks, fishing, special bonding time, nightly family devotions. Neither of them groan when they're told they get to visit their grandparents and for that I'm thankful. I'm also thankful that the boys are surrounded with prayer as they go through life. That is the most important role as a grandparent, in my opinion.
My parents and in-laws shower the boys with unconditional love. Not too many kids in this day and age can say that their grandparents are an active part of their lives. But my boys can. They are blessed beyond measure and so, on Grandparents' Day and every other day, I am thankful for the 4 people who are our boys' grandparents!





No comments: