Saturday, December 3, 2016

Oh Christmas Tree!

People throw out the term "OCD" like it's not a clinical illness that needs to be treated by a doctor. So I won't say I'm OCD about Christmas decorations but I am particular and kind of a control freak about it. I thought, this year, I'd be smart and have the boys decorate their own tree like my brother and I did as children so I could have free reign over our big tree. It was the tallest tree we've ever had (and the most expensive!) so I wanted Rob to help put it in the stand and then I'd do the rest. Well, needless to say, that didn't happen. Rob took over the lights halfway up the tree and the boys put way more ornaments on the same branch than should be legal. But, you know what? It may lean and 75% of the ornaments may be on the bottom four branches of the tree but it's our perfectly imperfect tree. And when the boys look back on their childhood they won't remember it looking funky. They'll remember the Christmas carols we sang and the family effort we put into making it OUR tree.





No comments: