Friday, April 24, 2020

*Almost* A Normal Day

Today felt *almost* normal. I got groceries, I paid bills and watched the boys play with friends this evening. Fridays have always been my favorite day of the week. I like that it closes out another week and that I have 2 days ahead of me with my family, making memories. Lately Fridays blend in with Mondays, Thursdays and every other day. This week has been different since we have another student that has been added to our homeschool routine. So today felt like a real Friday. After the boys finished with their schoolwork, we went on our morning walk and then all 3 boys went swimming. This afternoon ran errands. I even took P to a store for the first time in 6 weeks to buy a bike. This evening was the icing on the cake. After dinner I enjoyed beautiful weather while I took Fetcha for a walk. When I got home, Rob and E rode dirtbikes together. Then Rob and I sat out front, watching the boys ride bikes *while social distancing* with their friends. I enjoyed hearing them laugh as our crazy dog outran them. I enjoyed talking to Rob about our dreams. I enjoyed waving to the neighbors who walked by. And after the sun went down, I thoroughly enjoyed catching a lightening bug with E. We've caught one the past two nights and his excitement over catching them is contagious. Today was about as perfect and as normal as we've had recently. P did an interview with me for a COVID time capsule. He asked me what were the 3 things I cherish most during this time of quarantine. and all of answers revolved around our family time together. I love it and all this togetherness has made us even stronger, creating even more memories. Life is good and we are blessed.




No comments: