Thursday, April 30, 2020

An Amazing Lady

I meant to write this blog first thing this morning. But, it always amazes me that, even with staying home at least 95% of the day, the time can still get away from you. So, here I am, at the end of this special day finally getting time to blog about one of the most amazing ladies I've ever met.....my mom.
I think of her every day, especially with being so far away from her. But, today is extra special because today she turned 70. To look at her, you wouldn't be able to guess her age. She's still very youthful in her looks and her attitude. But, that's only a part of her.
When I think of my mom, the first thing that comes to mind is the word selfless. I have never met someone who puts others before themselves the way my mom does. She gives and gives and gives of herself. And when she has nothing left to give, she hits up her "reserve tank" and gives some more. Not only is she selfless but she is so incredibly creative. Her imagination amazes me! She can take something so ordinary and turn it into a masterpiece (especially when it comes to sewing). She has touched countless lives, many of whom are strangers, because of her creativity and sewing skills.
As she's gotten older, she's started slowing down. Not in a bad way, mind you. But in a way where she takes a step back and takes it all in before "jumping". She appreciates the moments in life instead of always jumping ahead to the big picture. She listens more and talks less.
Now that I am grown and a mother of my own, it never ceases to amaze me that she'd cook a nice, well-balanced meal almost every single night while my brother and I were growing up. I don't know how she did it during soccer season and with church activities several times a week. She'd have a healthy snack waiting for us after school. She'd sit with us and ask us about our day, truly wanting to know about it. There are times I'm disciplining the boys and I'll think, "How would Mom deal with this?" I want to be like her in so many ways, even as an adult.
One of the ways I most want to be like her is in her walk with the Lord. She always puts Him first. She makes her devotion and prayer time a priority every single day with no exceptions. She's quick to witness to others or offer to pray for someone going through a rough time.
I am blessed to have the mom that I do. I have learned so much from her and continue to cherish the advice she gives me. Today, and every day, I hope she realizes how loved she is, how many lives she's touched throughout her 70 years here on Earth. Happy birthday, Mom. I love you so very much!








1 comment:

Mom said...

Your blog was the highlight of my birthday. I love being you and Josh’s mom. God has truly blessed us and continues to do so. Mom