Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Small Places??

Whenever I complain about how small our house is Rob likes to remind me that loves grows in small places. That may be so as I feel our marriage is stronger than ever. However, since Easton's come along I feel our small place is causing me to be claustrophobic. I do not get to enjoy alone time to unwind unless all the boys are asleep and I stay downstairs. I can't sit in my favorite overstuffed chair and read at night because it's less than a foot away from P's bed. I can't run on the treadmill at will because it's about 10 ft from P's bed. Since we only have 1 bath tub I can't even relax in our garden tub because P's toys are all over it. Although  I'm not a huge TV fan I do like to watch TV in bed for a few minutes before falling asleep. However I can't do that because Easton's bassinet is in our room. I miss my ME time. I feel like I'm surrounded all the time. (Even as I write this, P keeps coming in for various reasons.) I'm not the only one that has to deal with it. P doesn't really have his own space so I'm always nagging him to clean up. Easton doesn't sleep that well at night and I think it's because he doesn't have his own quiet room. He goes to sleep around 8 but then I have to get ready for bed as does Rob. By the time Rob is done with his bath and we're done lying in bed, talking, it's close to 10 and then Easton wakes up shortly after to nurse. Now that Winter is behind us for the most part I'm remembering things I like about this house.....but they're all outside. When I make a count down chain for P's 4th birthday (when he's magically going to turn back into our sweet angel)  I'm also going to make one for us moving. My goal is to be in another, more spacious house Memorial Day weekend. The countdown is on!!!

No comments: