Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

When people ask me about Easton's schedule I want to reply, "Schedule? What's that?" With P I was so organized and on top of a schedule with him. He took 2 naps a day until he was about 18 mos old and my day revolved around those naps. I take for granted that Easton's such an easy, go with the flow kind of baby and make it hard for him to maintain any type of schedule. Let's take Thursday for example. After dropping P off at school I had 2 back to back appointments that went until it was time to get P. We came home long enough to have lunch and a short rest period before heading off to meet Rob for a tax appointment. From there Rob took P while I took Easton to book club. By that point Easton was so exhausted that he cried uncontrollably, forcing me to leave after a few bites of dinner and well before the book was discussed. I tried to lay low with the boys on Friday so Easton could catch up on sleep. Once Rob got home and we had dinner I left him with the boys so I could go cash in on a massage, which relaxed me after a busy week. But then Saturday was busy again. First we went to breakfast as a family and then we took the boys to their first college basketball game. We had to leave early so Rob could attend a dinner with some of our friends. By the time I put the boys to bed last night, I realized that having a go with the flow kind of baby isn't always good. His minor cold that he had had early in the week was now getting worse. He had a hard time breathing most of the night and woke up this morning very raspy. Instead of going to church I headed off to pediatric urgent care with him while Rob stayed home with P. Luckily, the doctor didn't find anything seriously wrong but he recommended breathing treatments for the next few days as a precaution. By the time I picked up Easton's prescription and got home it was lunchtime. After making P and myself lunch I laid down with the boys because I, too, was exhausted from a rough night last night. By the time we woke up Rob was getting ready to take off again for another dinner with friends. I would like to say that this week will be calmer but that's not the case. I am going to lay low with the boys again tomorrow in hopes of Easton feeling back to normal. I have a million projects to do around the house because Spring fever is hitting me and because I am EAGERLY anticipating our move in the next few months. So that will keep me busy. Tuesday and Wednesday will be a fine balance between running errands, getting ready for a family trip and making sure that my boys stay rested. And to think.....most women work outside of the house and still keep it all together. How is that possible? HA!

No comments: