Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Teacher No More

I guess 'once a teacher, always a teacher', right? That may be but today I officially resigned from my current district. After having Easton I decided that being a SAHM is way better the second time around! When I stayed home with P the first year of his life I did not enjoy it very much. Not that I didn't enjoy him but I didn't enjoy the solitude. I had very little social life and was stuck on top of a mountain with a baby that needed quite a bit of medical attention at the time. OK, maybe 'stuck' isn't the right word but it was a rough year. Being a SAHM wreaked havoc on my marriage and our finances. So I guess God knew what He was doing when he made us wait and space the boys out 3 1/2 years because now I love staying at home. Maybe it's because I don't just have a baby to talk to every day (The conversations get a little one sided when it's just a baby and mommy). Maybe it's because I have a social life and have adult interaction pretty much every day (other than Rob). Maybe it's because we have so much less debt than we did 3 years ago. Maybe it's because I'm more secure. Maybe it's because Rob and I have a stronger marriage. Maybe it's because I have my photography so I don't feel like I'm just a mom (Not that there's anything wrong with that). I don't know what's different this time but it did feel good to submit my letter of resignation to my principal and the district this morning. Once the boys are in school full time I'm sure I'll go back to the teaching profession because I do enjoy it but for right now I am more than happy being a teacher to 2 young boys that are my world!

No comments: