Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Visit Back in Time

One of the things I love about the South is that it's rich in history and culture. I've been wanting to visit local places to learn more about the South's history. A few days ago I mentioned to Rob that I'd like to see one of the local Civil War battlefields because I think it's an important piece of history. Since History and Science is often overlooked in today's education, I thought it'd be fun to teach P about a part of history up close and personal. Rob is an AWESOME Civil War battlefield tour guide and P soaked up all the information his dad was giving him about things (especially the "canyons"~ i.e. canons). Although it was hotter than all get out, it was nice to take a step back in time for a couple hours this morning, reliving history.





No comments: