Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do



I'm in over my head with professional duties today. After school I juggled Mommy Mode and Teacher Mode. Right now I want to take a break from school stuff to be a bragging Mommy. I don't have a lot to compare to but I think P is a pretty smart lil guy. He's shown that time and again in the past 24 hours. Last night, after we got home from a wonderful trip visiting Rob in Elko, I walked into P's room. Our puppy, Ruby, was under his crib. P thought that looked like a fun place to be as well. So, "Monkey See, Monkey Do"...the lil guy followed suit and crawled under his crib as well. Then I got frustrated with Ruby because she was covered in mud and got it all over the walls when she came back in the house. I put my lips together and blew out in a frustrated, horse type sound. P copied me and went around the house doing that the rest of the night. He did it this morning when I was trying to get out of the house and one thing after another held us up.
I picked P up from daycare and, of course, had to put his 1 sock and 2 shoes on. He watched me as he always does. But tonight on the way home he spent most of the time trying to put his shoe on himself. He didn't quite get it but he will soon enough. Something in all our errands made me say, "Iye, Iye, Iye" (or however you spell it). Pretty soon my lil monkey in the backseat was saying the same thing. Then to top it all off it started stinking in the car. I said, "Ooh, it's stinky. Did you toot?". He replied, "Toot" in his cute, high pitched voice. My lil monkey is so cute and not to mention so smart! I love all the things he learns...and shows off....EVERY day!!!

No comments: