Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tis the Season!

As Rob likes to say, I'm a "plammer" so it's no surprise that my Christmas shopping has been done for awhile. The decorations are up, as is the tree. So now I get to just enjoy Christmas. I'm not a huge fan of how commercialized Jesus' birth has become but I try to find a good balance between knowing the Reason for the season and all the other stuff. Today, P and I took part in all the other stuff. We had a VERY lazy morning then went down the hill after P's nap. He sat on Santa's lap. Or rather he kicked and screamed and writhed on Santa's lap. Luckily there weren't many people around so Santa and his helper let us take a few pictures. Finally we were able to get a happy one but that's only because P didn't realize that Santa had snuck up behind us! After that we went up to VC to partake in some small town fun.




We went on the Santa Train, which he and I both thoroughly enjoyed!Santa's elves came around, giving everyone cookies and hot apple cider. The kids all got antlers and candy canes. We sang Christmas carols and were read the story, "Twas the Night Before Christmas". For being such a wiggle worm, P did a great job and seemed to have fun.



After the train ride we went to pizza at the Red Dog. There was a live band so P was too busy dancing to eat some of my pizza. From there we bundled up and braved the cold to go see the Parade of Lights. I have to admit that it was a little disappointing but the neighbor kids that we were with seemed to really enjoy it. Maybe it's one of those things that P will like when he's older and can get the candy the floats provide. Since he was more into his truck than the parade (except for the horses that came by with bells and lights) and I was getting cold, we left early. I didn't feel bad, though, because we packed a lot of holiday cheer into our afternoon and evening.
Before bed P chose 2 Christmas books that are about the real Reason for the season. So we were able to enjoy all aspects of such a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kind of day with your precious son is what being a good mommy is all about. Love, Mom