Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Perfect Place

This morning, while P and I were eating breakfast, I was daydreaming about all the things I'd like to add to the house.... hardwood floors, new dishwasher, new flat screen TV, matching bedroom furniture, wooden blinds.... when a plane caught my attention. I quickly pointed it out to P, who sat in amazement as it flew by. That moment made me realize how blessed we are to live in such an awesome place! 10 years ago I wouldn't have said that. I didn't understand why anyone would want to live in Reno. But, after living here for almost 3 years, I understand. I love that P can see planes fly by our house while eating a meal. Or that we wake up to mustangs in our yard. We see cows and tractors every day as soon as we get to the valley. There's always a layer of snow from November til June. We definitely get to enjoy all 4 seasons! I can walk out our door and be hiking within yards of our house. A short drive can take you to many beautiful places that people spend hundreds to vacation at each year. Rob can hunt most big game within a 5 hr radius. This is my home and whether it has all the amenities that I desire or not, it's the perfect place for me!

No comments: