Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Nevada Day....and Happy Halloween!

When it's snowing or blowing in Nevada people could care less because they're used to it. But if it rains there's not a soul in sight as rain is such a rarity. Here, it's just the opposite. Rain does not stop anything, especially trick or treaters. I took the boys to Bass Pro so we could be inside (It's the Nevada girl in me) but when we got to our development afterwards I had to drive 5mph with my dim lights on because of all the kids in the neighborhood, trick or treating. I asked P if he wanted Daddy to take him trick or treating when he got home from work but he decided that he'd rather get his new jammies on and watch a Halloween cartoon. I love the fact that he doesn't want a lot of candy (although he got it from trunk or treat, a Halloween package from a friend, various neighbors and from the leftovers we had). I put Easton down since he only took one short nap today and then enjoyed the few trick or treaters that came to our house right before the allotted parish time was over for them. Before going to bed tonight, P said, "This was the best Halloween ever!" Apparently rain didn't dampen his spirit either because he thoroughly enjoyed watching me carve him a "Chase" pumpkin, bake some pumpkin seeds and go to a few Halloween festivities the past few days. The only bummer part is that we didn't get to enjoy the pirate ship wagon that all of us worked so hard on but even that didn't seem to bother him too much. All in all, our first Southern Halloween was a good one!

P.S. I haven't forgotten about sharing Easton's 10 mos picture. You'll just have to wait until tomorrow though. Until then here are a few pics from today....





No comments: