Thursday, June 12, 2014

Baseball Star

At the first practice, I hung my head because he was "THAT" kid. You know? The one who didn't know how to hold a bat. Who didn't know how to run bases. Who spent more time playing with the dirt and grass than he did playing baseball. I told Rob that he definitely had a chance at earning the "Most Improved Player" award because he had nowhere to go but up. That was about 6 weeks ago. Today I held my head proud. My son is becoming quite the baseball player!! Tonight he hit a double and got a RBI when it was his turn at bat. I am so proud of how he's starting to focus, how he's taking the game seriously, how confident he's becoming in his ability. He's one of the youngest on the team, one of the few that didn't play baseball last year but he's getting it!! He may not be voted MVP for the team but he's definitely sealed the MVP vote with me. I am one proud mama, one who can sit back and enjoy how far my son's come in 6 short weeks! I can't wait to see how good he is at the end of the season...a short 3 weeks from now. Let's go #4!

No comments: