Tuesday, June 3, 2014

3 Musketeers vs 3 Amigos

My lil guys and I have been inseparable...well, since Easton was born! We're like the 3 Musketeers. We do EVERYTHING together! Sadly, I've never spent the night away from Easton and rarely even get to go the bathroom by myself. We're that close. We eat every meal together. We go for walks together. We jump on the trampoline together. We explore together. We read together. We travel together. We run errands together. We....you get the point. Sometimes Rob joins in on the fun but for the most part it's me and the boys. That is until recently. P is slowly pushing me aside (not in a bad way, mind you) for his friends. He spent almost all of Saturday with his best friends, Connor and Greyson. Then last night he spent the night at their house...and had a blast. The trio is quickly becoming the 3 Amigos and now it's just Easton and me doing stuff together. Don't get me wrong. I have prayed for the boys' social life here as much as I have prayed for mine. So I'm glad that prayer is being answered. The boys' family is very nice and the boys are sweet, respectful young men. But every time there's a knock at the door and they're asking if P can come play it makes it even more obvious that my lil man is growing up too fast. Soon- sooner than I want to think about- he'll be living on his own and I'll be an "empty nester". This past weekend has made me realize that I won't do good in that phase of my life. Five years ago I couldn't imagine what life would be like as a parent and now I can't imagine what it'll be like without my boys under the same roof as me. I'm so thankful that BOTH of my boys are Mama's boys and I pray that we always have a close knit relationship like we do now. Yes, we get on each other's nerves and yes, we butt heads but I love being the 3 Musketeers with the cutest boys on Earth. I'm so thankful that I get to thoroughly enjoy these young years with my boys before their social lives take over completely....and I'll keep enjoying them as long as they'll let me.

No comments: