Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Youngest

My boys are about as opposite as they can be. They both have a lot of energy but that's about as far as the similarities go. I would bet my last dollar that the first ER visit for an injury will be because of our youngest son. Now that he's walking he is into EVERYTHING! His new favorite thing to do? Play in the toilet water. **IF you have a queasy stomach, skip to the next sentence.....The other day I actually caught him dunking his chip in the-clean-toilet water AND eating it.** I came so close to throwing up as I scooped him up and ran his mouth (Okay, maybe his entire face) under the kitchen sink. Today while I was cleaning up the lunch mess and my oldest was in his room on a Time Out, I heard my youngest drinking something. Before I could register that his sippy cup was in my hand I looked over and saw him drinking from his big brother's water paint cup...that was full of water PAINT. His favorite outside activity? Riding his trike down the middle of the road. I am so thankful that we don't live on a super busy road; but we still get enough traffic that it concerns me. If I turn my back for even a minute and his trike is within reach I know I'll find him heading down the driveway as fast as his little legs will carry him. He climbs on everything and then loves to get down in whatever fashion he deems appropriate. Jumping has been his method of choice lately. The scariest thing for me is that "NO!" doesn't register for him. I've tried swatting him. I've taken harmful things away that he's playing with and have replaced it with a safe toy. All to no avail. He is me reincarnated. Apparently I was a very strong willed little girl (I hardly believe that, though, because of how docile I am today!! HA!) so my youngest is following in my footsteps, or so I'm told. I pray for his safety and my sanity every morning, knowing that the day will hold some type of new adventure with him. There's one in every family I guess and he's ours. I love him to pieces but Lord help me!! :)

No comments: