Thursday, June 12, 2014

Motivating Myself

I have learned a couple things about myself this week....I am much more motivated on a sunny day than a rainy one and I am more motivated when I start my day with a walk. My boys and I have gotten into the habit of going for a walk/bike ride immediately after breakfast, before the Southern heat becomes unbearable. I absolutely love living in a neighborhood where I can enjoy this luxury, something I didn't have in Nevada (Luxury as in walking through a neighborhood, not the unbearable heat!). By the time we've walked through the neighborhood a couple times I feel I've gotten my daily exercise, I've started wearing the boys out in preparation for a later nap and I'm energized to get housework done. The other day it rained ALL day long and you know what? I didn't get more than one load of laundry done. All day. I was a couch potato and I hated how I felt at the end of the day. I now look forward to my morning time with the boys, getting our Vitamin D and breathing in the fresh air. I can't wait to go on our morning walk tomorrow.....if it doesn't rain.
 
*****Keep scrolling down to read another blog from today.****

No comments: