Friday, September 5, 2014

A Tad Less Homesick

It's no secret that I get homesick. Not a day goes by that I don't think about home and what our friends are up to. But this last week it was only daily thoughts instead of hourly. It could be because starting last Thursday we've been super busy. Thursday I got to have the day to myself! My MIL came to town to watch E so I could volunteer in P's class and go to a dr appt. I was also able to squeeze in a much needed pedi (my first in months!). Then Thursday night I went to a choir dinner at church to preview our Christmas music. Friday morning E and I went to a friend's for a swim party. We had a great time and it eased my conscious a little since we haven't done any play dates since P started school. I already blogged about this past weekend and the fun we had up north, which brings me to this week.
On Tuesday I had training so I could start my new job. I thought it would be hard leaving E for the first time all day with a non-family member but it wasn't bad at all. He did much better than I thought he would. I felt fine about leaving him because he is being cared for by our youth pastor's wife instead of some random daycare. I did pretty good being away from him until about lunch time and then I started getting anxious to go get him. Luckily my neighbor was able to get P from school because there was an accident that delayed traffic, causing me to get back later than planned. I can say that I forgot how hectic it is to get everyone out the door and to work on time in the morning. I consider myself pretty organized but even then it was a small feat to get us all where we needed to go in a timely fashion. Yesterday I had to finish up paperwork for my job so E was at his daycare provider's again for the morning. Last night Rob stayed with the boys so I could go to the women's Bible study at our church. It's been nice having so much adult interaction the past week or so. I didn't realize how much I craved it until I got it on a daily basis.
We were going to take the boys to the big zoo this weekend but we decided to put it off. It's been a busy week and the past couple weekends we've been busy as well. I'm looking forward to having a relaxing day tomorrow to get some things done at our leisure. It's not the same as being home and going to the Hot Air Balloon races but at least it's been a good week.

No comments: