Friday, September 12, 2014

Brings Back Memories


If you were to walk past this print, you may glance at it. You may take a minute to stop and really look at it, thinking it's cute. But to me, this print is a priceless piece of art. This print has brought me to tears on more than one occasion. And I'm happy to say that this print is now hanging in our house. Here's the story....
Shortly after Ruby unexpectedly passed away we went to Bass Pro to look around. I hardly ever stop to look at prints there but for some reason I did during that specific trip. I saw this print and it immediately made me cry. You see we got Ruby when she and P were about a year old. She was a wild child, a stubborn pup who liked things her way. But she was so gentle with P (or quick to play chase if he wanted to) and quickly became his dog. The year before we moved to LA, Rob took Ruby and P duck hunting a few times. Although they never sat on a porch to do it we had a porch at the house we rented, in which P would sit and pretend to "hunt". I know this picture is not perfectly posed and the dog seems to have better things to do than sit still for a picture, which is why I love it so much. It represents P and Ruby perfectly in their younger days.
When I had seen the print the first time we didn't buy it. But once we got home I couldn't get it out of my mind. I went back to buy it and found, much to my dismay, that it had sold out. I got online to see if I could order it but never found the print. Then I started second guessing myself, thinking that my emotions created this print and that it never really existed. Until today. I took E to Bass Pro to feed the (rather aggressive) ducks/geese and he wanted to go inside to see the "ish". In a last ditch effort, I went to see if the print that has consumed my mind was there...and it WAS!!! I immediately teared up, especially because it was the last one there. I finally have my "Ruby Print"! It is now hanging above P's art table to remind him of his duck hunting buddy, one he still talks about often. I've teared up a few times since it's been in my ownership because I miss Ruby so much. But I'm glad I finally found this priceless print to bring back the memories of P's crazy, out of control yellow lab who wreaked havoc...and created so many memories for our family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's the print you've been talking about! I can see why it's so special and brings back so many memories. Mom