Monday, September 22, 2014

Blessed When Blah

I woke up in a blah mood. A mood where I wished I worked a 9-5 job so I could call in sick and stay in bed all day. Mainly because it's my birthday in a couple weeks and I know the difference in celebration at home vs here. (It's one of 2 days out of 365 that I want to be selfish and have all the focus on me for as long as possible!) Mainly because Easton was screaming and nothing could console him. Mainly because I don't want to start my last year of my 30s. Mainly because I'm homesick. Mainly because we realized that a trip I was anticipating to N. Carolina is not going to happen. Mainly because.....
It took me until an hour ago to shake this blah feeling and realize how blessed I am even when I don't see life through rose colored glasses. I'm blessed to be a SAHM, even on the hard days. On those days I push myself harder so when I go to bed at night I know I'm made the most of my "job". Today started out with reading to my oldest son as we cuddled in bed, then taking my youngest son (and our mutt) for a walk after getting home from taking P to school and going to the produce stand. Throughout the day I was blessed to have enough time to get 5 loads of laundry done, pickles canned, a work email sent, time on the exercise bike, our bathroom scrubbed clean, my closet organized, quiet time with my Bible and the floors vacuumed.
It's easy for me to focus on the things that have me down right now but it's these times that it's the important for me to realize just how blessed I really am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And how blessed we are to have you as a daughter. Just wish you were closer so we could celebrate "you" on your birthday! Love and miss you...Mom