Monday, November 13, 2017

Lunch Bunch

I'll be honest....making everyone's lunch every night is not my favorite thing. It's usually the last thing I do at the end of the day. By the time I make them, I'm ready to be done. So, most days I am not thankful for making three lunches (most of which will not be eaten the next day and will be thrown out). But tonight I realized that, although it's not my favorite thing, I am thankful for the opportunity to make them. I am thankful that we have the resources to provide a variety of lunches four to five days a week. I am thankful that I can drop little notes of encouragement and love in their lunchboxes. I am thankful that I can make them smile when I pack them small treats that I know they'll enjoy. I am thankful that I have three boys who may not eat their entire lunch but appreciate that I make them. Well, 2 out of the 3 appreciates them. This morning our 4 year old informed me that he wants Rob to make his lunch because I don't make them the way he likes. But, nonetheless, I am thankful that tomorrow, at lunch time, my boys will enjoy a token of my love when they reach into their lunchbox.

No comments: