Friday, November 24, 2017

A Winning Combo

I am not a gal who shies away from food. I love to eat. But, I have never been a big fan of Thanksgiving. I remember my mom starting the meal preparation around 5am and cooking all morning. Then we'd sit down and eat for 10 mins before spending an hour cleaning up all the dishes. Yesterday, however, that didn't happen. Rob deep fried the turkey, freeing up the kitchen for me to cook some new recipes. (Carrot soufflé and homemade pecan cheesecake, anyone?) I was in the kitchen for about 1 1/2 hours before putting all the food out. We had a feast and everyone seemed to love the new dishes I made (as well as some of our old time favorites). Then my parents and Rob tag teamed the clean up, giving us time to play football, watch football and do a little "Black Friday" shopping. It was the perfect day! I am thankful, not only for all the delicious food we had, but the teamwork that was put into making it happen.

No comments: