Monday, November 6, 2017

Nature's Suprises

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE surprises!! Well, let me rephrase that. I love good surprises! God provides many good surprises using nature. A couple weeks ago the boys and I were leaving Bass Pro when I noticed something in the grass nearby. There are a lot of stray dogs in the area so I slowed down, thinking that's what it was. But when we got closer, we saw that it was a cute little fawn with all its spots still on it. A few nights later I was coming home from a school volleyball game when I saw something standing off to the right of the road. I did a double take and saw the most beautiful buck I have ever seen up close. I flipped a U-turn to go back and get a picture of it but the elusive beauty was gone by the time I got back to where he had been standing. This weekend the boys and I were driving by Bass Pro again when we saw the fawn in the same place as we had previously seen it. This time it stood there long enough for me to get a few good pictures of it.
Things like this happen all the time- a raccoon or an armadillo walking by the side of the road, a gorgeous sunrise, a rainbow, a group of deer off in the brush. One of the coolest surprises I ever experienced with nature is when a bull elk happened upon me and Rob when we were in NV. It was a spike (a young elk) but it was the most majestic animal...and it came within 10 yards of where we were sitting! Nature is beautiful all on its own (except snakes, lizards and mosquitoes) but I am especially thankful for it when God uses it as a little surprise in life. Today, and every day, I am thankful for nature's surprises in life!



No comments: