Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thankful Catch Up

This has been a blog fail. So much for blogging every day this month. Between teaching, photography, football games and my parents here, blogging hasn't been a priority. But I will play a little catch up for the past week.
I am thankful for parents. In the past, parents have definitely not been my favorite part of teaching. However, that has changed since teaching at SCA. I recently had a parent-teacher conference and I was so thankful for the parents' support. I am also thankful for my parents, who have been visiting for the past week. They have helped in numerous ways- cooking, the boys, laundry, being my chauffer when I hurt my foot, projects around the house. It's been fun having them here, showing them around. I am thankful for parents and all they do for their kids, young or old.
I am thankful for the cool weather and rain. I have been waiting for a cool down since last Spring. There are very few things that make me as happy as wearing my UGGs so I jump at the chance to wear them whenever possible. I am so thankful that I've been able to bundle up in scarfs, hoodies and my UGGs this past week.
I am thankful for my camera! It has been one of the best investments I have ever made. It allows me to capture moments in time for our family, the school and my clients. It allows me to be creative, to think outside of the box. I have enjoyed it beyond belief!
I am thankful for "surprises" in the mail. I love going to the mailbox and finding an unexpected letter from a friend, or money, or a letter from a business that an issue has been resolved. I love opening the front door to find a package. Despite getting bills in the mail, one of the highlights of the day is when the mail arrives because you never know what's going to be in there.
I am thankful for friends. That goes without saying. But, I am thankful that some of our good friends will be making a 2 1/2 hour drive (one way) tomorrow to come have Thanksgiving with us. I am thankful that friends text me to see how things are going. I love hugs that friends give me when I see them. I love that friends are there and will listen, even if what you're telling them is not the most pleasant stuff. I love that my friends are my cheerleaders!
I don't think I have caught up on all the days. But at least I have caught up on a little bit. I'm forewarning you that I probably won't blog tomorrow. It's Thanksgiving so I'll be hanging out with family and friends, looking at the Black Friday ads, stuffing my face. You know? The usual! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments: