Sunday, December 8, 2019

Oh, What a Weekend It Was!

Sometimes you just have a pretty spectacular weekend and this one goes down in the books as just that. Friday night I went to my work Christmas party. It was low-key but fun to hang out with co-workers outside of the school setting. I laughed way too much and ate way too much good food! Yesterday morning the boys were thrilled to find that our elf, Shooby, had brought them a gingerbread house kit. They got right to work in building it...and eating all the contents. Last night we went to the Christmasville Spectacular at a local church. They incorporated Christmas carols, a live nativity scene, a petting zoo, hot chocolate and Santa all into one night. It was a pretty amazing night, one that I have grown fond of as a Christmas tradition. This morning the entire family woke up early because P and I ran the Tiger 5K. It was his first 5K and he was nervous. But he runs a *much* faster mile than me so he wanted to run the course on his own. I prayed him through the entire thing as I ran about a mile behind him the entire way. When the Finish Line came into view, P ran out from behind the gates to run across the finish line with me. It gave me chills when the announcer said both of our names as we crossed together. It meant so much to me to have him run this 5K with me. Once we got home and cleaned up, we finished putting up Christmas decorations (Rob has been sick since Thanksgiving Day and just started feeling human again this weekend). Rob climbed up on the roof to hang lights for the first time since we got married....and I may have swooned a little. Tonight we ended the weekend with a homecooked meal and E's best friend ate dinner with us. In between all the fun stuff I ran errands, did Christmas shopping and took a nap. That, in my opinion, makes for a pretty spectacular weekend!!








No comments: