Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Summer Fun

We are 11 days into our Summer break and we've spent more than half of it out of town. We've already crammed 3 trips into the past 11 days. So our Summer is off to a great start!
Every Summer P becomes obsessed with something. Last Summer was American Ninja Warrior. This Summer it's baseball. We like to encourage things he's interested in so, despite baseball being my least favorite sport to watch, we have been to 2 baseball games already.
The first game was an impromptu trip to Houston, where we watched the Red Sox vs Astros. Rob planned the get away and it was a fun family weekend, in which we stayed at a nice hotel on the outskirts of Houston.
The second game was this past weekend and was unplanned as well. We were in MS for a wedding and a medical procedure for Rob so P and I fit in a minor league baseball game for a mother/son date. He enjoyed it because we sat right by the dugout, he got to run the bases after the game and he talked to a couple of the players. He also got a Braves hat, a program and a plastic helmet (that held ice cream). I enjoyed my time with our lil man, and enjoyed watching his enthusiasm for America's favorite past time.
In between baseball games we fit in doctor appts for P because he had taken a baseball to his eye and we were worried about any lasting repercussions. The x-rays and eye doctor appts both gave us a positive outcome so thankfully that's behind us. We also fit in P's last guitar lesson and E's t-ball games.
If that wasn't enough, we also fit in a quick camping trip to a local camping resort, Reunion Lake. Although we were there less than 48 hours, we made a lot of family memories. For me, the best part was watching P blossom! He killed it during his first attempt of karaoke (He sang "Hurricane" by Laine Hardy). He taught himself to paddleboard and kayak. AND he conquered the inverted climbing wall on the inflatable obstacle course! We were proud of his determination and perserverence. E was sick and never complained. He got sunburned (despite me lathering him every 2 hours with 50+ sunscreen) and never complained. He got very little sleep and never complained. All in all, it was a good family time.
Our lives slow down a TAD for the rest of the month and I am happy to report that I will be sleeping in my own bed more than I'll be sleeping elsewhere. I will be able to enjoy my French Press coffee in the morning and take a bath in my own bathtub.
I LOVE traveling and going on new adventures, and I am thankful for all of our family time. But there is something to be said for being at home as well. Looking forward to the rest of our Summer break and the memories we'll create at home and elsewhere








!

No comments: