Thursday, February 19, 2009

Better Day

So, yesterday was not a fun day. Parents were writing letters and calling me to tell me things they have problems with in regards to my teaching. Then, one of my "lovebugs" was not so easy to love and ended up being in the office more than the classroom. On top of that, owning a house comes with adult responsibilities that stress me out. But, Rob was so sweet and kept me laughing most of the night, taking away some of the stress.
The best thing about yesterday was Rob was able to finally get on Dixie. I was pulling up to the house and he waved me over to the corral. When I got over there he was climbing onto Dixie's back. I held my breath, waiting for her to buck him. But, to my surprise, she didn't. Even with the dogs running around her she just stood there. What a huge difference from a couple months ago! Although I am still not sure of her, I was impressed with how much she's matured. It'll be exciting to see how well she does in the future.
Today was a better day, even if it still wasn't the best. My adult responsibilities did not disappear and my "lovebug" ended up getting suspended. We got bad news about Holly. Rob took her to the vet and found out she has extreme hip dysplasia. It may come down to her having a double hip replacement. Reading this, it doesn't sound like today was a better day but I guess my attitude was more positive. I realized I can't change things and that I can't control life (that came as a surprise!....ha!) so I decided to look at all the good we've been blessed with. Overall, today was a better day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just seeing if it works