Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sshhh...Don't Tell Rob!!

Rob is gone a lot again for work, which leaves Dixie as my responsibility. She is a beautiful filly and I've seen her sweet side but I'm still not 100% sure of her (I'm sure the feeling is mutual.). So, needless to say, feeding her is not one of my most favorite things to do. But, I've discovered a plan that works. I've "hired" bodyguards to help me with the feeding process. Although she probably doesn't like it, the dogs love to be in the corral and "play" chase with Dixie. So, when I get ready to feed her I call the dogs to come in the corral with me. They either stand on either side of me while I put the food in the stall (bodyguard style) or they stand in front of the stall, keeping Dixie out of it. Once in a blue moon they will chase after her, distracting her while I put her food out. Then, I leave without having to worry about being kicked or cornered in the stall. It's a win-win situation for us all. Dixie gets fed, the dogs get to run around and I get in and out safe. Gotta love it when a plan comes together!!

No comments: