Friday, April 10, 2009

6 hours and counting....

Tis the season that I get as burnt out as the kids, not wanting to wake up to an alarm or deal with 6th grade drama. Lucky for me, some brilliant person thought up Spring Break, a week of complete and utter relaxation. No alarm going off at 5:30. No 45 minute commute one way. No parent phone calls to return. No boy/girl issues to hash out. No mounds of endless papers to correct (Or that would be the case if I had gotten around to them before now). Just a week to do what I want, when I want to. That week begins promptly at 3:15 today.... not that I'm counting down or anything! I was planning on going to Sacramento right after school because I am so homesick, but being that I woke up to snow on the ground and there's a good friend's baby shower tomorrow that I won't miss, I will have to wait for that voyage until tomorrow afternoon. I'll pile the dogs and my ever expanding wardrobe (not the amount but the size of the clothes) in my Yukon and spend 3 blissful days getting pampered by my parents and catching up with friends I haven't seen in months. Ah, the good life! I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself though. I still have 6 more hours to serve before this luxury can take place!

No comments: