Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chuck E Cheese or Bust....

Rob wanted pizza for dinner and since it's supposed to snow most of this week I suggested Chuck E Cheese so P could get some energy out before he's cooped up for a few days. We headed down the hill (I can't wait til I don't have to say that anymore!) to the fun times that laid ahead. Once we got there, P was running around, trying to find the games and rides he wanted to use his tokens on. Surprise, Suprise that his favorite game is a new train set that hands out tokens just for controlling the train around the track. Rob was just like a kid as well, trying to earn tickets and bragging that he made the highest score on the NASCAR game that had been recorded. Surprisingly P took a break from the fun to enjoy a slice of (rather good) pizza. After the pizza and tokens were gone we counted our tickets. I counted out 60 tickets, meaning P could get the lizard he had had his eye on. But when Rob put the tickets through the machine it only came up as 51 tickets (I know I'm not good at math but I know how to count to 60 so I don't know what the discrepancy was). Rob felt bad that P couldn't get the lizard after I had hyped it up so he dumped more money in the token machine then ran around, trying to get tickets while P and I waited in line (Yes, there was a line on a Tues. night). Come to find out, we didn't need to buy any more tokens. The lady would've let us have the lizard with 51 tickets. But, oh well. We don't go to CEC often and it was a fun family outing.
Once we got home, I realized that P has watched Rob and I use the treadmill this week and now knows how to turn it on. So, I guess we didn't need to go to CEC afterall. P can get his cooped up energy out that way. :)

No comments: