Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From Lemons to Lemonade

The moment I woke up this morning I set to work. I wanted to get all my "chores" done around the house so I could take P to the Children's Museum. After my shower, I got him dressed, his teeth brushed, his cup filled with juice and grabbed a handful of snacks, ready for a fun morning together at one of our favorite places......only to discover that we hadn't taken the carseat our of Rob's truck and he was at PT. So, I talked P into going for a walk since it's so warm out (I had on short sleeves...in Janurary!!). We explored the neighborhood and he collected sticks and rocks. He's discovered he can put things in his pockets and still have his hands free for more collecting. So that's exactly what he did- stuffed his pockets with rocks and held the sticks in his hands. At one point a truck drove by and, in a friendly greeting, blew his air horn. It scared P half to death but he was a big boy and didn't cry. The only downfall to the walk was that Ruby got me dirty and P created his own mess by climbing everything he could. I guess that's the sign of a good exploration walk though, right? Now that we're home I'm getting ready to vacuum and P is bringing in firewood. We're not forecasted for cold weather for at least the next 10 days so I doubt we'll be building a fire but I'll be the last to discourage him from doing a chore I'm not fond of. It's been a fun, unexpected morning and I hope you're enjoying your morning as much as we are!

No comments: